Quantcast

Monday 22 October 2012

Happy Earned-Out-Your-Advance Day, Single in the City

© Invisibleviva | Stock Free Images
Today is a momentous day. Just 851 days after Penguin UK published my debut, Single in the City, it has earned out its advance! 

For anyone not in the book business, this means that Single in the City has sold enough copies to recoup the advance that Penguin paid me.

Not that you have to pay back unearned advances. It's more of a milestone than a financial achievement. Single in the City has sold over 25,000 copies in the UK!

Because I'm a geek, I can't help doing a few calculations ... that comes out to just under £12 a day. Hmm. It's not going to pay for that beach house just yet, is it?

Luckily, I also self-publish, and it has sold over 15,000 copies in the US where I own the distribution rights. So you don't have to worry about me living in a cardboard box :-)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Clodagh, I didn't dare hope the book would do it, so it was a very nice surprise when it did! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.