Quantcast

Wednesday 19 December 2012

A final, fond farewell from The Christmas Creche

Stock Free Images
Well, dears, tonight is the Christmas Pageant and we’re so looking forward to seeing you all at the performance later! The girls have been practicing so hard, and dare I say that I think they are finally able to carry a tune, though they still need a little help with the words.

I’ve never seen Christmas with Mr Darcy so excited. She and With Love at Christmas have been teaching everyone to dance a Waltz for the show, and Meet Me Under the Mistletoe has done a superb job on the Regency costumes for the dance.

A Merry Little Christmashas baked up a sugary feast with the help of Mistletoe in Manhattan and The Twelve Days to Christmas. Well… I say help. I do hope those girls' coordination improves with time. 


And speaking of baking, we’ve had such exciting news – Meet Me Under the Mistletoe has got a spot in the junior Great British Bake-off in the new year! Our own little girl, on national telly, imagine!

Winter Wonderland, Santa Maybe and My So-Called Christmas Carol were on tinsel detail. They covered every surface, and each other, with sparkly garlands. Tamsyn, dear, Carol may have eaten some, but we checked the packaging and it's not toxic.

 
When I Fall In Love has worked miracles as choir master, and has even managed to get With Love at Christmas and Married by Christmas to sing in key. Mostly.

We thought you'd enjoy a sneak preview of tonight's show. So without further ado, I give you The Christmas Creche Choir. Hit it, girls!

We Three Kings of Oreo Tar
Bears with gifts we travel afar
Field and fountain, moor and mountain
Following yonder car

Oh star of wonder star of night
Star of joyful booty bright
Leftward leaning still competing
Guide us to my perfect knight

(I’m not sure if they know what they’re singing … I hope not!)
 
Deck the halls with cows of Bali,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
'Tis the season to be trollied,
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Don we now our pickle barrel
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Troll the ancient yuletide carol,
                  Fa la la la la la la la la.

So, all that’s left for me is to wish one and all a very happy Christmas, and a wonderful new year. We’ve had such fun at the creche, and I’ll be sad to say good-bye to the little'uns after the show tonight.

But my job is done, dears. You’ve all got such lovely books, and I feel sure that they’ve all got great things in store for them. May you all have much happiness, peace and love in the new year.

Sincerely,
Miss Dewey
       

5 comments:

  1. I want to take this chance to wish everyone the very merriest of Christmases from the bottom of my heart! Looking back at 2012, I realise how much of it involved wonderful writing-related things: in April I became a full-time writer after 10 years. Over the summer my agent, the lovely Caroline Hardman, started her own agency, and 3 books were published. I introduced my alter ego, Jamie Scott, and committed to writing some more literary/upmarket commercial fiction in 2013. And I got to work with the most fabulous writers (and friends!) I could ever hope to meet.

    I think I'm one of the luckiest people in the world to get to do what I love for a living. And the whole reason I'm able to do this is because of all the readers and fans who support me - buying and reviewing my books, always ready to help me procrastinate on Facebook and Twitter, and generally being the nicest bunch of people on the planet to spend time with.

    Thank you, everyone, for making 2012 spectacular. I wish you all much happiness, love, fun, success and of course, great reads.

    xoxo
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to read about your fabulous 2012, Michelle, and here's wishing you all the best for a wonderful 2013. Have a wonderful Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria, and a sparkling Christmas to you too! xo

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo - here's to another cracker of a year in 2013. Big thanks to Miss Dewey - wondering if I can persuade her to be my full time book nanny....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After that class, I think Miss Dewey has emigrated to the Carribean!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.